Greetings, Seekers! It’s been exactly one month since our debut novel, Trials of the Innermost, was released. We’ve done book launch events in Indiana and Texas that were so much fun. Thank you to everyone who came out to support us. Y’all are amazing and we felt the love. Also, a huge thanks to everyone who bought our book! We are so thrilled to finally share the finished product with you and the world and continue our writing adventure. One month later, here’s what’s coming next for us.
So, what’s next?
A writer’s work is never truly finished. We have multiple coauthored and solo projects in the works. Here’s a sneak peek at our irons in the fire:
- Trials of the Innermost’s sequel: Book 2 of The Etherea Cycle will continue where TOTI left off. We’re targeting a release date of sometime next year, but that’s subject to change
- The Lady’s Crown-Bearer: A short story set in the world of The Etherea Cycle that takes place before the events of TOTI. More news on this coming soon!
- Tavern Tale: Kristina’s sapphic novella inspired by the side quests we all know and love from major video game franchises is a cozy fantasy read that fans of TOTI will adore. Release TBD
- Everfrost and Pomegranate: Kristina flexes her mythology-retelling muscles with this fabulous take on the classic story of the lord of the underworld’s abduction of the earth goddess’s daughter. Release TBD
- Bloodreign: Jonathan’s first solo fantasy novel features a gay protagonist that awakens into incredible power at the cost of becoming a hunted pariah. Release TBD
- E: Jonathan’s short nonfiction coming-of-age-while-coming-out piece was published in the May edition of The Gay & Lesbian Review. Check it out here!
Many of you know that J and K reside in different states. Logistically (and economically) it won’t be feasible for us to attend most events together. On the plus side, we can be in two places at once. Well, sort of. Jonathan hopes to attend the Austin, Dallas, El Paso, and San Antonio literary festivals later this year and early next year. We’d eventually like to make it to one of the larger conventions like GenCon or DragonCon.
What about us?
One month later, there’s still a lot you can do to continue supporting us on our writing journey! Besides liking and resharing our content on social media, the biggest thing you could do for us is writing a review of TOTI once you finish reading it. Whether that’s on Amazon, Goodreads, or another platform, reviews draw attention that new books desperately need. Also, ask your local library or bookstore to add TOTI to their inventory! J’s library, for instance, has an online tool where you can suggest books to be added to the catalog. All the small things like that add up to a big impact. We appreciate anything you’re willing to do!
As we wrap up today’s post, J and K would like to share individual reflections on the last 30 days:
Jonathan: What a surreal month it has been. I’ve taken to describing the book launch events as out-of-body experiences because I’m still finding it hard to believe that they’re happening. The excitement and enthusiasm from friends and followers have left me awestruck and humbled. My confidence has also been bolstered and the fire of creative energies burns even brighter than before. I can’t wait to keep developing the story that Kristina and I created while also bringing forward my individual work. As a song once said, “We’ve only just begun.”
Kristina: Call me the grinch because my heart has grown ten times this month. All of the support from friends and coworkers has filled a hot air balloon and I’m soaring. Every week someone shares a photo with me of our book in their hands – it’s surreal. And like J, I can’t wait to bring all of our Seekers back to Etherea with the next installment(s) of the Etherea Cycle.
And to all our Seekers, know that you are perfect as you are, and you will always have a place in Etherea. By your compass stay true!